2021 was a great year for flow chemistry, with lots of fantastic papers published combining flow chemistry with areas such as enzyme biocatalysis, pharma API synthesis, machine-learning and nanoparticles to name but a few!
Towards the end of 2021 our newest addition to the team, Dr Mike Kenny, started collating a list of publications that make use of Coflore systems. We were extrememely pleased to see that our existing customers have made use of Coflore flow reactors within their own research on topics such as sugar beet pulp bioconversion and Coagulated Mineral Adsorbents for Dye Removal. Take a look at our summary of the papers below:
1) Coagulated Mineral Adsorbents for Dye Removal, and Their Process Intensification Using an Agitated Tubular Reactor (ATR)
Authors: Alastair S. Tonge, David Harbottle, Simon Casarin, Monika Zervaki, Christel Careme and Timothy N. Hunter
Link to Publication: https://www.mdpi.com/2305-7084/5/3/35
2) Eco-friendly processes for the synthesis of amorphous calcium carbonate nanoparticles in ethanol and their stabilisation in aqueous media
Authors: Lauriane Chuzeville, Frank Boury, David Duday, Resmi Anand, Enzo Moretto and Jean-Sébastien Thomann
Link to Publication: https://doi.org/10.1039/D1GC03396D
3) Continuous Sugar Beet Pulp Pretreatment and Bioconversion in a Biorefinery Context
Author: Roberto Chiocchio
Link to PhD Thesis: https://discovery.ucl.ac.uk/id/eprint/10139025/
4) Effective Phosphorylation of 2,2′-Methylene-bis(4,6-di-tert-butyl) Phenol in Continuous Flow Reactors
Authors: Hanlin Yao, Li Wan, Xiaoyu Zhao, Yahui Guo, Jian Zhou, Xiaofan Bo, Yuxin Mao, and Zhong Xin*
Link to Publication: https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.oprd.1c00105
We recently wrote a news article about the work carried out in this paper by the Xin group at ECUST, China, that you can read here.
5) Fully Continuous Flow Synthesis of 5-(Aminomethyl)-2-methylpyrimidin-4-amine: A Key Intermediate of Vitamin B1
Authors: Meifen Jiang, Minjie Liu, Huashan Huang, and Fener Chen*
Link to Publication: https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.oprd.1c00253
We recently wrote a news article about the work carried out in this paper by the Chen group at Fudan University, China, that you can read here.
6) Kinetic Studies of Cs+ and Sr2+ Ion Exchange Using Clinoptilolite in Static Columns and an Agitated Tubular Reactor (ATR)
Authors: Muhammad Yusuf Prajitno, Mohamad Taufiqurrakhman, David Harbottle and Timothy N. Hunter
Link to Publication: https://www.mdpi.com/2305-7084/5/1/9
At AM Technology, we firmly believe in the clear benefits that switching from batch processes to continuous manufacturing in flow offers. As the global population begins to focus in on sustainability, benefits such as lower process intensification costs (i.e. lower costs to heat and cool reactions in flow vs batch) will become more and more important.
If you are interested in keeping up to date with the latest Coflore papers, make sure to re